Tuesday, September 1, 2015

HELP! Craft Room Start and Storage Dilemma

Just the beginning of something great!

So this is happening! I'm finally starting on my craft room. This is something really needed since my hubby is tired of me leaving the sewing machine, serger, various threads and knick-knacks on the dining room table. Although the table was the perfect size and shape for projects, it was getting to look very messy and a hassle to clear when guests were expected.

So far, I have designated two joint walls for crafting and the other side of the room for a study/office space. The sewing desk is by Sauder and the craft table is from Sullivans USA. Sadly, I screwed a latch in too far and messed up the door and latch on my desk. So grateful Sauder agreed to replace both for me without a fee! Once those parts come in I can finish the desk and set it up to my liking.

The only other major item is my dress form by Sew Perfect that fits perfectly in her new corner beside my desk. I can't wait to try her out! Lastly, I need a way to store large bolts of fabric. I am making items for my online business and will soon have large quantities (think 20-100 bolt rolls) of fabric to store, along with scraps. I may start with a tall book shelf and keep folded fabrics stacked on them along with bins for scraps. However, I already have two bolts of fabric that were delivered on a roll. I really would like to keep them that way but have no way to store them. I really would like an economical way to store my fabrics that will keep them free from dust and fur. I'm a cat momma, so this is important!

Two bolts needing a home in my craft room.

How do you keep your fabric stored? Do you also have a nifty way to store large bolts of fabric? Let me know below!

I'm also keeping the furniture white so that my fabric and notions will add the splash of color I need. So much to do in so little time ... and such little space! Did I mention this is the spare bedroom in my medium-sized apartment?!

In need of organization tips and ideas for the home or craft room? Follow my pinterest board here. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly