Sunday, April 12, 2015

Indian Healing Clay


Let me first say that I love clay masks. My first experience with clay masks was back in middle school when I tried the Queen Helen Mint Julep Masque. There's something about that feeling of the skin tightening and the brightness of the skin after rinsing the clay off that attracts me to it. 

Well, I've watched all the YouTube videos of others trying this Aztec Secret Calcium Bentonite Clay and thought I'd give it a try also. My first batch was made with apple cider vinegar. I followed the directions and advice of other users and packed it on real thick. I even rinsed it off in a glass bowl and dumped the residue outside to avoid it going down my drain. I waited a week before trying it again.

This time I decided to do something different. I noticed I was breaking out with pimples that were coming to a head. I don't know why. I was drinking more water than I ever have. I was exercising and eating right. But there they were. Big bumps with little white heads on my cheeks and chin. I decided to apply the clay daily to reduce the size of the bumps. I placed the clay powder in a cleaned salsa jar and added water. I didn't measure it out, but just eyed it. I added just a little more water to my mixture to ensure it will stay wet while in the container.

For the next four days I applied a thin, even layer of the clay to my face using my fingertips. I left it on for over forty minutes. I didn't worry about checking the time. The bumps went down and dried out. I didn't have any issues with the clay irritating my skin or causing severe dryness. My face actually liked it and responded better this time around. Now I have a jar of the mixture ready to go and keep it by my sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly